Friday, July 29, 2005

Fixer Upper


Since housing real estate

is about to melt

right through the pan

because it is so dang hot,

I asked my real estate professional

to help me find something.

I wanted something a little remote,

and perhaps with a view.

Here is what we decided on.

It needs a little work.

But the arches in the doors and windows

are absolutely fabulous.

If you look carefully,

You can see the nice work on the aquaduct.

Many of the stones probably weigh a 1/2 ton.

So they tend to stay where they are.

The roof is gone because the previous tenants didn't maintain it.

Had they just continued to plaster the roof,

the mud, brick, timber roof would had still been there.

The yard is xeriscaped already,

so I don't have to

worry about that expense.

And I'm going to get a 99 % loan

on the house and improvements.

And, I'm going to sell my house,

for a lot of money,

I'm going to be rich rich rich

And, I'm going to buy an old house.

And fix it up.

Yeah that's it.

A Fixer Upper.

That's the ticket.

"I can resist everything except temptation."

Oscar Wilde



Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content

What it is About

Links

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a magnificent stack of stone--almost too beautiful to improve on or disturb. Yet I can see it restored, roof and all, to last another millenium.
For my money I'd take the upper that needs the fixin'--plate that is. Know the best place on earth a Beverly Hills-billy Granny might venture to vacation for that kind of fixer elixer, say for under $2,000?

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should see the hand made cobble stoned drive leading up to this place.
El Gringo

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this in MLS? my broker didn't show it to me.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty funny. Nice way to lampoon the housing frenzy that is about to sink the economy and wreck hundreds of thousands of lives.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home